Thursday, October 05, 2006

And More Letters

"If somebody broke into your house what would you do? Would you shoot him or call the police or try to run? Is stealing something worthy of the death penalty"

I live in Florida. There is no need for me to run. I would shoot this person to death, then call the authorities. In Florida, the family members of the crook I just killed cannot sue me for ending his miserable existance, so there is no worry on that front, either.

There are but two variations on this theme. If the thief were a child, then of course I would not resort to deadly force. By child I mean someone too young to understand the consequences of his actions. Not a 12 year-old with a weapon, though. He I would shoot as fast as anyone. And if I shot to kill, but the thief was brought back to life by a dedicated emergency room, well, shit happens. I'd feel like a jerk for being so bad a shot, but shit happens.

No comments: